2/3 cup whole milk
5 tablespoons butter, melted
3 tablespoons instant coffee granules
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
9 ounces all-purpose flour (about 2 cups)
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400°.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 4 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Make a well in center of flour mixture. Add milk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moist.
4. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 18 minutes or until done. Remove muffins from pan immediately; place on a wire rack.
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana,1/3 cup plain fat-free yogurt
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter,3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 large eggs,1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar,6.75 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup ground flaxseed,3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt,1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon 1% low-fat milk
1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
1. Preheat oven to 350°.2. To prepare bread, combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed. Add granulated and brown sugars; beat until blended.3. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through allspice) in a small bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan; cool.4. To prepare glaze, combine powdered sugar, milk, and 1 tablespoon peanut butter in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle glaze over bread.
7.9 ounces all-purpose flour (1 3/4 cups)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 large egg, lightly beaten
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt); make a well in center. Combine ricotta and next 5 ingredients (through egg). Add ricotta mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
3. Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups; coat with cooking spray. Divide batter among muffin cups. Sprinkle turbinado sugar over batter. Bake at 375° for 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.
- Rounded 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups caramel sauce, store-bought or homemade
- 8 thin slices slightly stale or very lightly toasted firm white sandwich bread (such as Pepperidge Farm or Oroweat/Arnold’s Country Buttermilk or Country Potato Bread)
- 2 ripe bananas
- For the custard:
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter, melted
1.Stir the salt into the caramel sauce. Butter the ramekins and spoon a generous tablespoon of the caramel into the bottom of each one. Spread a tablespoon of the remaining sauce on one side of each bread slice.
2.Cut the bananas on a slight angle into 1/4-inch-thick slices. Cut 1 slice of bread lengthwise in half and then crosswise into thirds, to make 6 pieces. Place a slice of banana on each piece of bread. Stack 4 pieces of the banana-topped bread, turn the stack on its side, and place it in a ramekin. Put the 2 remaining pieces of bread, banana side inward, on either side of the stack. Repeat to fill the remaining ramekins.
3.To make the custard: Whisk the eggs, 1 tablespoon of the sugar, the salt, and vanilla in a medium bowl just until blended but not foamy. Whisk in the half-and-half and milk. Fill each ramekin with the egg mixture, reserving any left over. Let stand until the bread is saturated, 20 to 30 minutes, topping off the puddings with the remaining egg mixture as necessary.
4.Position a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat the oven to 400°F. Put a kettle of water on to boil. Brush or drizzle the exposed edges of the bread with the melted butter, then sprinkle the buttered edges with the remaining tablespoon of sugar, using a generous teaspoon per pudding.
5.Wipe any smudges off the ramekins and set them in the baking pan. Put the pan in the oven. Pull out the oven rack and pour boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, until the edges of the bread are golden brown and a knife inserted in the puddings comes out mostly clean. Let cool for 10 minutes in the water bath, then remove with tongs. If not serving within 2 hours, cover and refrigerate.
6.Serve the puddings in their cups, warm, at room temperature, or cold, or reheated individually for a few seconds in the microwave. Or unmold them: slide a thin knife around the inside of each ramekin to detach the pudding, tip the ramekin on a dessert dish, and slide the pudding out, letting the sauce flow around it. Scrape the extra sauce from the cup around it or drizzle on top.
Ingredients (2 loaves)
- 2 cups very ripe pureed bananas (approx. 6 bananas)
- 2 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (if your prefer, you may sub. melted, unsalted butter)
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
1.Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2.Spray two 9 X 5 inch loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray.
3.Using your food processor, puree the bananas, then remove the puree to another bowl and set aside.
4.No need to clean the work bowl of your food processor, just add together and blend well the sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla.
5.Measure and mix together, in a separate bowl, all the dry ingredients except the nuts.
6.Return banana puree to processor work bowl.
7.Add dry ingredients and blend, pouring in the coca cola as mixture is blending together.
8.Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.Blend in nuts by hand.
9.Divide mixture between the two loaf pans.Place loaf pans on a baking sheet in the oven.
10.Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes OR until loaves test done in the middle with a toothpick.
11.Let cool about 10-15 minutes then turn loaves out of pans to finish cooling.These loaves keep well or can be frozen.