- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 4 eggs,1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar,1 cup canola oil,2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda,2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt,3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1.Drain pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use). In a large bowl, beat the carrots, eggs, sugars, oil, pineapple and reserved juice until well blended. In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually beat into pineapple mixture until blended. Stir in walnuts.
2.Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
3.For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Spread over cake. Yield: 12 servings.